A Monogram…of Course
As a girl born and raised in the south, I truly appreciate the value of a monogram. If you aren’t from the south, it might seem hard to understand why southerners enjoy initials on everything. To be honest, I’m not sure if I understand it, either. However, I do know I like it. So, I when I came across this adorable idea on Pinterest to put our monogram in a frame, I was in!
It wasn’t too hard. I actually ordered the vinyl letters, so I didn’t make them myself. It didn’t cost much to have someone make them. I’d tell you an amount if I could remember, but I made this several months ago. I’ve forgotten.
I already had this frame sitting in my garage, but you can buy backless frames at Bed, Bath & Beyond and probably Hobby Lobby.
The frame comes with 2 pieces of glass. Here are the steps I took to make this happen:
1. I cleaned the glass. A little vinegar or Windex and the dust and grime from the garage was gone.
2. I measured. I found the center of the glass and the center of my monogram.
3. I marked. I used a dry erase marker (that will easily wipe off of glass) to mark where monogram should go based on my measurements.
4. I carefully peeled the backing off of the vinyl and put it in place.
5. I made sure it was just like I wanted. Then I smoothed down the vinyl onto the glass.
6. I put it in the frame and hung it on the wall.
And done! I was one happy, little Texan living in Alabama soaking in all my southern roots!
Question: What creative things have you done with your monogram? I could easily get out of hand, but I’m dying to know!